Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Happy Place

I wrote this back in late July, but we had one of those days today so I thought I'd share.

Why can't riding in the car be a happy time?  We have movies and kid music and drinks and food and toys.  You name it, we got it.  But it never fails, that every day on our way home from "school" O starts crying.  (I guess on the bright side, it's gone from crying to whining since I wrote this.)  Screaming to the top of her lungs crying. A couple of weeks ago it was because I didn't go back into her classroom to get her paper.  She squawled all.the.way.home.

I know it is because she is tired.  That doesn't make me want to turn around and throw something at her and tell her to shut up any less.  But I'm a good mom (okay, I might not go that far), and I find my happy place and refrain.  Or maybe I turn the music up really loud.  But really, can you stand a crying baby?

People say that you can tolerate the crying when it's your own.  Wha????  Really?  No.  It is just as bad when it's your own.  They just tell you that so you'll reproduce.


1 comment: