I'm always late. I'm late for life. So in good Edi fashion and since everyone has been posting things they are thankful for everyday in November, AND I've been a total slacker and haven't...I've decided to post 24 things for the 24 days in November leading up to and the day of Thanksgiving.
There is truly so much to be thankful for, both big and small. I'll be clear...I'm eternally grateful for my salvation and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am thankful that he shows mercy on me each and every day. This sinner needs it. Since this is now out there that this is numero uno on my list of thankfuls, I am now going to list the things I'm thankful that HE has given me. Let me see if I can squeeze these into just 24 things.
2. Olivia
This is my tender hearted child. She doesn't like to mind mommy (she minds daddy just fine), but she hates to make me mad. She always tells me sorry....immediately. We need to work on sharing, except for love for her sissy, because that is top on her list...when she isn't tattling on her.
3. Beckett
This is my force to be reckoned with. She is loud, dirty, smarty, and party. She laughs in the face of danger...and when she gets in trouble (yes, my kids get spankings) she laughs at me. She is a bully, but she loves her sissy, mommy, and daddy and gives the best hugs and "mooches".
4. My grandparents - who wouldn't be thankful for such great role models. For heaven's sake, they've been married for 55 years. 55 years! What great role models for a young couple in this day and time!
5. Mom - aka Biscuit. This is a woman who would do almost anything for her kids and grandkids. Especially, but definitely not limited to, keep her girls. That just means more Biscuit time. Most of the time I don't even have to ask...I can just drop the kids off and run...thank goodness for grandma...or in our case...Biscuit.
6. Dad - this is a man who I've been scared of my whole life. He is a big ol' teddy bear, but I was terrified of getting in trouble by him. Probably a little bit like O is today of getting in trouble by her daddy. He loves his grand girls so stinking much and is the best dog sitter on the planet. He is the biggest reason I wasn't more of a screw up than I was.
7. My giving heart. Although sometimes it feels like a burden, every.single.time I'm done serving others whether by giving of things or my time I have a feeling of joy because I just helped someone else.
8. Juice Plus

If it weren't for this handy dandy capsule (and chewables for the kids) somedays we wouldn't eat any veggies. Wait, do french fries and ketchup count?
(Shameless plug...if you are interested in learning more about Juice Plus feel free to contact me. I'll tell you about it and sell it to you.)
9. That I don't have to go to the post office very often. I went to the post office the other day and stood in line for friggin ever waiting to get the hubs a duck stamp that he hasn't used yet.
10.Stella (our dog) - even though she barks all the time and has waked me up in the middle of the night more than once or twice or three times...she is part of our family.
11. My new car (whoot whoot!) - LOVE IT!
12. My job. A job. period. In this economy, who's not thankful for a job....right? The one I have just happens to be a great job!
13. The roof over my head - It's not the biggest house in town (as a matter of fact, it's the smallest in our neighborhood), but it keeps rain from falling on my head and bugs from eating me up. It keeps me out of the cold in the winter and the heat in the summer.
14. Music
15. My niece - Elizabeth - she's the cutest thing ever. I am just disappointed that we haven't gotten to spend more time with her.
16 Oliver - My brother that I really don't get along with that well, but I love him despite of it.
17 Garner - my brother who I don't ever talk to because he is much too busy having a life to hang with his sister and her kids. (wink wink)
18 Julia, my sister-in-law - what a great addition to the family. I'm only sad I don't see her more often.
19 Coupons and Couponing websites. I mean, hello...I am coupon obsessed.
20. New shoes - I am my grandmother's grandchild. She loves shoes; I love shoes.
21. That my in-laws are so in love with my girls.
22. My cousin, Drew. We aren't really that close anymore, but I have so many memories of him growing up. He taught me to ride a bike. He used to beat me up. He would tell me to do things and laugh at me because they were not so smart things to do. It's not like that anymore. But I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for him.
23. The troops - I am thankful that there is someone willing to sacrafice their time with their family and potentially their life for me and my family to live in this free country.
24. That I'm cold natured. You can always put more clothes on. You can only take off so much.
PS - these aren't in any particular order. These were just off the top of my head.
And apparently I am super great at not finishing my blog posts. But now it's complete and we can move on.
No comments:
Post a Comment