Every year (at least in the last 6 or 7 years since we've been there) during Thanksgiving week our church has had a supper and a program on Tuesday and no services on Wednesday. They call it Twensday. Anyway, this is the first year we have attended. I spent the previous years being a heathen. (I'm not implying that I'm not a heathen now. I just try a little harder not to be these days.)
Last night we had a great supper. The sweet potatoes rocked, if I may say so. I may be a little partial to sweet potatoes.
After supper we all went to the sanctuary, or as Baptists now say...the Worship Center, for a presentation. Tracy Sugg sculpted a large lump of clay into an amazing depiction of Jesus.
(Picture taken with my camera on my phone, so not the greatest)
I'll be honest, it was cool at first. Then I got a little bored with it. THEN came the fireworks. She showed the crucifixion and the resurrection as part of her presentation and at that point I was totally back into it. I was extremely impressed she could make such an awesome depiction in just 26 minutes. Watching the last 5-7 minutes was worth the 10 minutes of boredom. It was GREAT. If you ever get a chance to see it...I recommend.
We let O come into the sanctuary to watch it. I was going to let B, but she kept yelling Uh-Oh and Boo, and well, we couldn't disturb everyone. She did get to go see the final product.
On another note...
After church and getting the girls down I went to the grocery store. I decided I WAS NOT fighting the crowd, so I went at 10 pm, which is when I like to go on a normal night. It was still super busy in there. But I got a few deals.
I got 4 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios for 75 cents each.
I got 2 large packages of chocolate chip cookie dough for $1.44 each, 2 small packages of cookie dough for $1.28 each, and 3 packages of Sister Schubert rolls for $2 each (which if you've ever bought Sister Schubert's you know that is a huge deal). All in all I saved 59%. I am getting good at this couponing biz. Whoop whoop!
Now let the long weekend begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment