Thursday, November 10, 2011

Shrimp Scampi - WOWZA!

Fresh shrimp from the coast? Don't mind if I do. We picked up 10 pounds of fresh shrimp before we left Destin and boy am I glad we did! By suggestion from a pal (Thanks Laura!) I made The Pioneer Woman's Shrimp Scampi and it was FINE I tell ya!





I forgot to take a picture of it before we loaded our plates up, but the recipe definitely makes more than this and has more shrimp in it. OH it was devine.

PS - It's called the 16 minute Meal: Shrimp Scampi.  Well, I don't know why cooks mislead you to think that just an average gal that doesn't cook all that much can get this done in 15 minutes.  I mean...it took me 15 minutes to peel and devein the shrimp.  It was well worth the 30-40 minutes it took me to cook it. Mmmmm.

This one is a keeper too!

If you have any suggestions on meals I should try...PLEASE SHARE!!!  I have a few more to try, but definitely welcome all suggestions!



No comments:

Post a Comment