Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sunday Funday

So I'm pretty sure I titled my post yesterday what it should have been titled today.  I thought I was going to write about my entire weekend, but it was 1:15 AM and I was tired...so I stopped at Saturday, because whoa momma was I busy on Sunday.

After I kept nursery at church I started cooking.  Well, after I cleaned my house I started cooking. I'm actually not really sure what I was thinking.  I wiped everything in my house down and got all of the stuck on poptart, yogurt, sucker, (fill-in-the-blank) off of furniture and the kitchen counters/cabinets.  I didn't mop because I was saving that for later.  I was totally cleaning for a reason.  Mom (Biscuit) and Poppy were stopping by to see my arrangements (shown yesterday...check them out here).  I didn't want them to see my house the way it was.  They would have called one of those TV shows that comes to your house because it so dirty.

After they left I did what any woman who just got through cleaning their house would do.

I started cooking.  I cooked spaghetti sauce, chili, and chicken rotel.

We ate chili for supper and it was YUM-MY!  Maybe one day I'll share my favorite recipe.  But I forgot to take photos so...next time.

I know everyone probably knows the chicken  rotel recipe, but in case you don't....

I started by boiling 3 chicken breasts (my recipe called for 6-8, but I think that was when chicken breasts weren't the size of your head).

While they were boiling I diced up one medium sized onion and one large green bell pepper ( I put a little red bell pepper in mine too)

After the chicken breasts got through boiling I dumped out the water and boiled the onion, bell pepper, and a 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes, 12 oz. of thin spaghetti noodles and 1/2 stick of butter in 3/4 quart of Swanson's chicken broth (I put a little more than 3/4 q because mine is usually dry - even though I'm pretty sure I previously only used 1/2 q). 


After 20 minutes of boiling I added the chicken I shredded

and the yummy Velveeta!


I mixed it up until the cheese melted and put it in these tins.



This is 4 meals for our fam!  My freezer is super full now.

The other night I made homeade applesauce.

It was super easy.  I took 8 apples seen here.


I peeled them, cut them up (minus the core, of course) and put them in the crock pot.  I added a little zest of lemon,a little squeeze of lemon,  one cinnamon stick, and 3 tsp of brown sugar.



I cooked it on low all night.  The next morning the apples were soft and used a hand blender and pureed them into applesauce.  I don't like applesauce, but this was pretty tasty to the non applesauce girl!

SO...after cooking all of the above...I cleaned my house...again.  This time vacuuming and mopping as well as cleaning up the mess I made cooking.  Hence not sitting down until after 12 AM.

I'll tell ya what...this is one tired Mama!

Thank goodness for Twensday at church tonight.  No cooking at our household!



No comments:

Post a Comment