Thursday, December 29, 2011

Advice Please?!?!

So, I'm really contemplating doing this Advocare 24 day challenge thing that I keep hearing so much about. I wasn't going to do it because I thought we might soon be trying to have another kid, but that has been put on hold (or maybe even nixed)...so here goes.

I'm a bit skeptical. Here's why. Dropping 10-15 pounds in 24 days. OK, fine, but keeping it off? Losing that much weight that fast, that could absolutely be water weight. I mean, have you ever seen the Biggest Loser? They manipulate their weight all.the.time. with water weight.

Every website I've read and everyone I've talked to has gone on and on about their immediate weight loss during the 24 day challenge, but no one has said anything about the weight staying off. I'm no fool. I know you have to continue to eat right and exercise, but how much? More than before you started the challenge to maintain? Assuming, of course, that you did some sort of exercise before. And must you do the 24 day challenge every 90 days to keep the weight off? It's expensive. Once is about all I can afford to do.

The main reason I'm so interested is...anybody who has read my little ol' blog knows I'm on a mission to lose 15 pounds. WELL, I keep getting stuck at 7. I need a jump start. I want to keep it off, but I don't want to have to keep buying expensive products to do that.

PS - it doesn't hurt anything that Mr. Drew Brees endorses this product.

The mister says that if you eat right and exercise, then you can lose weight without any type of weight loss supplement.  He says they don't work.  He says I would only be losing water weight.  He may be right, but I say, bologna.  I totally think things can help give you a jump start.

If you aren't familiar with Advocare, here is the website.

http://www.advocare.com/

So, now I want your opinion.

Go!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with the hubs...I don't put much stock in herbal supplements, etc. If they really worked, EVERYONE would do it. And that IS a lot of money. I spent my Xmas money on a Fitbit instead...similar to the BodyBugg concept they use on Biggest Loser (which, by the way, they also sell at Costco under a different name). I think that would be a much better use of the money because then you are seeing your calories burned per day...and if you track your calories consumed, you'll see where you're going wrong. I'll let you know how it goes once I get it!

    ReplyDelete