Monday, December 5, 2011

Are Ear Infections Contagious?


This has been the worst best weekend.  I spent the entire weekend with my babies. Or...I got to spend 2 solid nights and days by myself with 2 toddlers with ear infections. Well, O had a double ear infection and B has been sticking her finger in her ear all weekend and whining.

Put that on top of sisters who fight over EVERYTHING, and you are talking about one mama who needed to be medicated. I had to put them in the bed at the same time on Friday night and they were all, "She touched me. I want to read this book. She's on top of me. She did this. She did that." or simply, "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo (in a super whiny voice)." from the one who can't say all of those other words.

Saturday afternoon after the girls woke up from their nap O was insistent that we go to the Christmas parade....despite the fact that she had fever, an ear infection, and the wind was blowing 137 miles per hour.  The good mom that I am...I took them.  They had so stinking much fun.


One of them is probably going to lose an eye with their lights, but it was totally worth the money to keep them occupied until the parade got to us.

We skipped out on church Sunday morning because O ran fever all.night.long. I let her sleep in my bed, so guess who else was up all.night.long.  Bless her heart (and mine), she felt BAD all day.

BUT...yesterday afternoon I was sitting on the couch watching TV and should have known something was up when I didn't hear the girls making any noise, but no one was screaming or whining or saying "Mama"...and after the weekend full of whining, screaming, and tattling, I was just enjoying a minute of quiet.

The girls brought over a piece of poster board they had been drawing on.  And then it happened...


O came over and told me she was Spider Man.


And apparently B wanted in on the action.

I let it roll. I mean, they are only kids once, right...and at least it wasn't on the walls or the table or the floor.  I KNEW their daddy was going to be SO mad.  O said something like I hope I see you in a minute.  I responded, "I hope so too because your daddy is going to kill me."


Sure enough he came in and was furious that I let them draw all over themselves.  And he did this....



No, not the coloring...the crying.  That's what you get when you take a marker away from a 19 month old.  All I could do was laugh when he asked me if I knew they were doing this.

A few minutes later O and I were washing the marker off of her hands and she said, "Mommy, did daddy kill you yet?"




No comments:

Post a Comment