Friday, December 2, 2011

What Did We Do?

I'm sure there are some people who don't have any idea what I'm talking about, but there was a day when we didn't share every waking moment of our lives on the internet.  I don't really know what I used to spend my free time doing.

Facebook

I am totally guilty.  I am a facebooker and I heart it.  AND most blogs (like mine) are almost completely about the mundane daily things a family does or better yet, what the kids do.  I'm sure no one is interested in my kid tee teeing in the potty, except maybe her grandparents who I already called 35 seconds after it happened.  But let's be honest, reading these ever so mundane blogs and being super nosy and checking facebook for statuses is so much more fun than what we could be doing.

Facebook

Plus, a lot of times it makes up feeeeeeeeeeeel better that we aren't dealing with the crap those people are dealing with today.

facebook

But seriously, what did we do before we were able to tell all of our facebook friends that we just sat through a green light. (Yes this was my facebook status a couple of days ago.) 



Now that I've shared my strange thought for the day.



1. What is your favorite Christmas decoration in your house?

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.  I have a 6 foot skinny mini Christmas tree that my grandmother gave me (probably really she just let me "borrow" it, but she won't be getting it back) when we lived in the apartment 6 or 7 years ago.  It is the perfect size and it was so awesomely decorated...until this year when we felt like we had to get a big tree for the tots (aka O and B).  This year I plan on decorating it with a theme, but I haven't gotten my decor yet.  Michael's and Hobby Lobby and Garden Ridge are on my list for the weekend.





2. Do you finish your Christmas shopping early or are you a last minute type?

I have always been a last minute shopper, but not this year.  Hell must have frozen over because I have gotten everyone a Christmas present except my father in law...and I'm not responsible for that one.  The hubs is...not because I don't want to get his, but because I would totally get the wrong thing.



3. When do you turn on your heat?

If it's cold in my house...I turn on the heat.  Cold is relative, but anything below about 45 degrees OUTSIDE makes it cold inside.  I'm not one to sit around and be cold. Put on more clothes?  Really?  There is a heater in a house for a reason.  I refuse to walk around my house with a coat on just to keep from turning on the heat.  If you do it, more power to ya!

4. Do you ever wish your blog was private?

I thought about making it private at one time, but so few people read it as it is that I just decided that it doesn't matter all that much.

PS - if you read my blog...give me a shout out in the comments so I don't feel like I'm talking to a party of one.



5. Do you put your deodorant on before of after you put on your shirt?

Bahahahahaha!  I put it on before I put on my shirt.  I mean, if you don't you get deoderant all over your shirt. Gah!

So now, let me get back to checking out peoples' facebook statuses!


facebook...



2 comments:

  1. Love it! I ALWAYS read your blog, I just don't always comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I'm horrible at comments too.

    ReplyDelete