Tuesday, March 6, 2012

5 Thanks - February

HOLY MOLY!

February 2012 was a rough one.  Well, lots of February and the beginning of March. Sickness took over my household.  To top it off, yesterday I took B to the doctor thinking she had hand foot mouth. Ha! No way...staph infection. Woo hoo!

After the girls went to bed I decided to wipe all of the counters, floors, cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, walls, board books, bathrooms, etc. down with Clorox.  I did it for 2 reasons.  B has been touching everything, and quite frankly, I don't want a staph infection on my face. I'm pretty sure she got it from chewing on the buckle on the cart at Kroger.  Or maybe from daycare.  But since she puts everything in her mouth, I'm not taking my chances.  And secondly, when O got home from daycare today she said, "Mommy our house smell bad." Me: "It does? What does it smell like?" O: "Poo poo." WHAT?  I'm pretty sure it didn't smell like poo poo, but I was self conscious about it...so I cleaned...everything.

Even though we have been plagued by illnesses there are so many things to be thankful for.  So here we go!

1.  Baby cousin Elizabeth


I can't believe this sweet girl is already ONE!  We love her SO much. I am so thankful that my brother and his wife had a little girl that is so close to my girls' ages and that they will be growing up together.  I think cousins are SO important and I am so sad that I wasn't afforded the opportunity to get to know some of my cousins as well as I would have liked.


2. Fake Phones

I know so many people hate that their fake cell phone (or real one if you are brave enough to let your kids play with your phone) is their kid's favorite toy. I'm just the opposite.  I love that my kids love to pretend that they are on the phone.  I love to hear them "talking" to all of their family members. The things they have to say is priceless. It is also interesting to hear WHO they call.  They call Pop, Biscuit, Poppy, Papaw, Nana and the most recent one is Uncle G. Yep, Uncle G made the cut.  O even said that he was coming to see her on Saturday. Hmmmmm....Uncle G????

3.  Popscicles

Since my girls have been sick and running fever apparently since January, popscicles have been life savers.  Who knew a popscicle would bring fever down so stinking fast?!?!

The girls loved to see what color the popscicles would turn their tongue.



Mommy just hated that there was sticky everywhere.  But I promise you I would take sticky everyday than to see my girls feel as bad as they have been feeling.
4.  Aunt Bethie.


I tried desperately to find a picture of her by herself.  This is my Aunt Beth (ie).  I don't call her that, but my kids do.  I mean, that would be weird to call someone only 7 years older than me that I'm such good friends with AUNT.  I am thankful that she thinks of my girls.  She thinks of them so much in so many different ways. She sends them her girls' old clothes, buys them great gifts for all occassions and just because and just loves them. She is truly a friend to me and I'm lucky to be able to call her family. 

5. That Beckett can now open the back door.

Now that she can open the door that is that many fewer times I have to walk from the kitchen to the back door or get up out of my chair when I'm cooking or relaxing to let the dog out. Lazy? Debateable. It's the little things. 

I hope that no matter what you may be going through, you can see that ray of sunshine through the clouds...or storms...or germs.

What are you thankful for today?


No comments:

Post a Comment