Thursday, March 8, 2012

What's In the Bible?

Don't worry.  I'm not going to tell you all about what's in the Bible.  Some of you probably need it, but I'm not judging (wink wink).  I do however want to share some really great DVDs that were recommended to me by our former youth pastor's wife.



These DVDs are made by Phil Vischer, the maker of Veggie Tales.  They are probably really more for kids that are a little bit older than mine, but they really are informative.  Each episode (2 per DVD) answers a bible history question and tells about a book (or part of a book) of the Bible.  While I've never actually seen the video with my eyes, I am pretty sure I can quote the first 2 DVDs verbatim. This series has really taught me a lot and is getting my girls familiar with details about Bible history as well as the stories in the books of the Bible..

For instance, I have learned how the books of the Bible became the books of the Bible. There is just so much information on the Bible, salvation, primevil history, patriarch, testament, and I could keep on going, but you get the idea.

In the first DVD their is a song called Genesis.  Since I can't get the snippet to embed you can see it here.  My girls LOVE that song and Olivia knows most of the words.

"Genesis begins it all, and appropriately its at the beginning of the Bible.  Genesis really means beginning.  If it were anywhere else in the Bible that would be kind of confusing."

I felt like this was too wonderful of a jewel not to share with you.  If you are looking for a DVD about the Bible that both you and your kids can enjoy and learn from...this is it.  I can't wait to for an occassion to get them the next 2 DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment