Monday, March 26, 2012

I Think I Have Girls

AHHHHH!!!! So sorry I've been MIA.  I have been so super busy and the hubs has been working late most days (I don't think I've mentioned yet how much i hate tax season), so I have been tending to all by myself and then tending to him when he gets home and then trying to work out/run after that and cleaning up after that and then hitting the sack.  So apologies.

But in my defense...we didn't really do much last week except sleep, wake up, go to work/school, cook/play outside for a few minutes, bath, bed, start over.

This weekend was BEAUTIFUL though.  I had to work a little and I took the girls to a birthday party.  All I can say about that birthday party is that I hope my girls don't get the wrong idea and think they are ever going to have a birthday party that extravagant.  Two reasons...I'm not that creative and I'm not that on the ball.  I'm going to do my best to have our first birthday party with more than family this October. But I digress.

So the girls were exhausted when we got done...since they were up at 6:30 AM and didn't go to sleep until 10:30ish the night before.  B threw a fit to sleep in the bed with O, but she kept touching O.  Well, that caused a semi meltdown by O. They FINALLY went to sleep when I threatened taking away GiGi's (lovies).  But I digress again.  We all took a 3 hours nap after we ate lunch.  Then they played outside with their dad while I ran to the grocery store.

When I got back, this is what I found.



In case you can't tell, these are worms.  Yes, these little girls that were dressed in pretty dresses only an hour earlier were nekkid digging for earthworms.

Turns out, B had been running around REALLY nekkid only minutes before I got home. Daddy took their dresses off so they wouldn't get them dirty (whew!) and B felt it necessary to take her diaper off and push the fertilizer thingy around the yard buck nekkid (or naked if I'm driving you crazy)!  I have pictures, but I think they are best left unshared.

I really thought I was bringing up little girls.  Turns out...I'm not so sure.

O decided to spin around in the swing.


I had a really awesome picture of what she looked like after she got through spinning, but blogger deleted it.  Check back later and I'll add it.  It's priceless.

B did a little swinging in the big girl swing and then I guess she decided she was tired of holding on tight.



And if you look close that IS marker all over B's feet.  They told me they had to draw on themselves because they ran out of paper.  I guess they were too lazy to go get some out of the coloring drawer. I can't believe they are making up lies already.


On Sunday the girls wrapped up their weekend helping their daddy pull the weeds out of the flower bed.

How did you spend your B-E-A-UTIFUL weekend?  I hope with lots of sunshine and playing outside!


2 comments:

  1. Too funny!! AH & I definitely did all of these things when we were little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What i want to know is why are you planning a birthday party for October? You do realize that your girls have Dec. and april birthdays, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete