Okay, so that's a total exaggeration.
I feel like a slacker today. I haven't been going to bed until 12 AM every night. Which is normal, but this morning I apparently turned my alarm off. You know you're gonna have a good day when the first words out of your mouth are, "OH SHIT!"
Today wasn't a terrible day. It was unproductive, but not terrible. However, when I was dropping the kids off at school I thought B had spilled her drink on my shirt. No big deal, it would dry. Turns out it was something that turned crusty and I wore a mom badge all day.
On the bright side, I've bought 5 pairs of shoes this week. 4 of them won't been here until Friday. I have one pair hidden under the bed. I don't want to break the news to the husband that I spent our tax refund on shoes AND I don't want to get him upset until I see if they fit or if they are even cute. I'm pretty sure he would look at all of the shoes already in the closet and tell me to send them all back...or that I could keep one pair...and how in the world could I hurt the other shoes' feelings like that. Or my feelings for that matter.
Don't worry...he doesn't read my blog, so I will absolutely know YOU told him if he comes home and says something me about my new shoes. Do you want to help me decide which ones to keep?
What do you think?
I really am returning at least 2 pairs, maybe 3. Selfish reasons really. I don't want to end up murdered in my sleep for spending too much money (joking people)....AND I want an iphone. My phone keeps running out of memory and I only have about 5 apps on my phone. Bummer, I know.
I'm really digging all of these 80's neon colors coming back. I mean, I'm not going to wear neon yellow pants or anything, but neon pink fingernail polish is pretty cool.
The girls threw a royal fit to paint their nails this color. So we all have hot pink fingernails and toenails. I really love it and will probably keep mine painted this color until I can get to the store to get the neon yellow. SO out of character for me.
I'm also digging this whole training for a 5k thing. I'm attempting to train for the Viking Half Marathon/5k. Let's get this straight...I will be attempting to run the 5K. I am SO not a runner, but I have been trying to run a few mintues, walk a few minutes, run a few minutes, walk a few minutes on the treadmill for my workout. Two nights ago I ran for 10 minutes, walked for 5 minutes, then ran for 15 minutes. I was SO proud of myself. When I say I'm not a runner, I mean...I'M NOT A RUNNER!
Have I mentioned how much I don't like tax season? Well, I haven't been able to work out the last 2 nights because my tax accountant husband has a deadline and didn't get home until after my ultimate last minute to leave the house to go workout time. (I know, I know...not his fault...but I'm pulling for a career change.) I hope I can get enough runs in over the next 2 and a half weeks to be able to run the whole 3.1 miles.

Things I'm not digging today? Fiber One Brownies? What? They have chocolate flavored chips. Huh? Whatever is that pre-tell? Yeah, I don't advise trying them. B digging all of the dirt out of my flower pot. Mmmmkay thanks, kid! And My messy house. Yes, I walk on sticky floors until we have visitors or I have a meltdown. But all of that can be overlooked...because I'm learning not to sweat the small stuff.
So these are a few things I'm digging (and not digging) today. Turned out to not be such a terrible day. And I'm even going to bed without watching my late night TV shows. Maybe tomorrow my first words will a little more pleasant.


No comments:
Post a Comment