Monday, March 5, 2012

I Love The 80's

The flu, double ear infection, tonsilitis (aka rotten tonsils), the runs, hand foot mouth, and a box of popsicles later


I think we might be through it all.  That is, as soon as the hfm disappears.  I thought we had escaped it, but lo and behold...yesterday morning B woke up with some bumps around her mouth.  I'm taking her to the doc in a few to get it checked out, but for now...I'm pretty sure that is what it is. I can't catch a break.  Tax season is among us, so I'm tending to by myself. I'm seriously considering trying to get someone to keep my kids at my house.  I just feel bad about them missng out on the social skills. I'm so conflicted.  I mean, I'm paying more than my house note to send my kids to daycare each month and I can't even work to make money to cover the payment. But enough of the funk.

In between the grossness that has been at our house I took the girls to get their first haircut at a salon.

And the results are in...  

The cryer.


The one who only cared about the sucker.


The mullets are gone!


Saturday night this was my scene. 


Hello 1980's!  I helped give a themed engagement shower for my BFF. It was SO much fun.

The hubs even grew a piece of a 'stache to play the part.


In high school the three of us were always together.


It was like we didn't miss a beat.

And here is my whole outfit.  Please pardon the fact that I look 6 months pregnant in this picture.  I can assure you that I'm not. This was absolutely not the most flattering of outfits.


Twas a good time had by all.  Great food.  Great music.  And lots and lots of hairspray.  You would never know it, but my hair was actually big before I left the house.  I seriously put about half of a can of hairspray in it and it still fell flat.
 
I think the themed engagement party was absolutely the way to go.  Next weekend we will have more pre wedding festivities, and I simply can.not.wait. to celebrate the upcoming marriage of my bestie.
 
Here's to hoping your weekend in 2012 was as much fun as my weekend in 1988!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Well, I can elaborate on this later, but Charlotte never went to school, MDO, nothing. And her social skills aren't lacking a bit. There are plenty of ways to socialize your kids without them having to go to daycare/school. Charlotte didn't even have a sibling to interact with.

    I highly recommend a nanny :)

    ReplyDelete