I really didn't mean to wait more than a week to tell you about our Labor Day dove hunt. Things have been crazy busy around our house. It doesn't look like things are going to slow down this week either. So here's a quick run down.
Olivia went on her second dove hunt.
Papaw gave her her own gun. It made a gun noise and she was constantly shooting it. She kepts saying, "Daddy, look. It's a bird."
She and Mel Mel made mighty fine bird fetchers, too.
As prissy as this little girl is...WOW!
Last weekend we tried to go to the zoo, but by the time we got there it had closed to get ready for Zoo Rendezvous. Maybe we can make it next weekend.
I know you will be surprised for me to tell you that I'm in my 3rd week of working out. Yeah! Go me! Unfortunately, I haven't made much progress on my weight loss goal. I keep telling myself that muscle weighs more than fat. I'm starting to think I'm running out of time to use that excuse. In the beginning of my 3rd week of working out I am now walking 10-15 minutes on the treadmill, doing the elliptical for 30-45 minutes, and cooling down on the treadmill for 10 minutes. Then I'm doing 20 reps on the leg butterfly machine thingy and some light arm weights. I've done this 5 times a week for the past 2 weeks. I'll update you at the end of month. Maybe I will have reached my goal. If not, it won't be for lack of trying.
Olivia went on her second dove hunt.
Papaw gave her her own gun. It made a gun noise and she was constantly shooting it. She kepts saying, "Daddy, look. It's a bird."
She and Mel Mel made mighty fine bird fetchers, too.
B was running a low grade fever and was scared of the loud noise, so we stayed up near the house and she ate plenty of Cheesy poofs.
Missy Moo stayed out and hunted just almost the whole time.
As prissy as this little girl is...WOW!
Last weekend we tried to go to the zoo, but by the time we got there it had closed to get ready for Zoo Rendezvous. Maybe we can make it next weekend.
I know you will be surprised for me to tell you that I'm in my 3rd week of working out. Yeah! Go me! Unfortunately, I haven't made much progress on my weight loss goal. I keep telling myself that muscle weighs more than fat. I'm starting to think I'm running out of time to use that excuse. In the beginning of my 3rd week of working out I am now walking 10-15 minutes on the treadmill, doing the elliptical for 30-45 minutes, and cooling down on the treadmill for 10 minutes. Then I'm doing 20 reps on the leg butterfly machine thingy and some light arm weights. I've done this 5 times a week for the past 2 weeks. I'll update you at the end of month. Maybe I will have reached my goal. If not, it won't be for lack of trying.

Great job on the working out! I know it's hard when you don't see the scale move as quickly as it used to (getting older stinks!), but your body WILL respond eventually, and you'll be getting healthier in the meantime!
ReplyDelete