Friday, September 30, 2011

Because I Know You Couldn't Live Without Knowing This

I have a few things for you today.

Do you see this?

Nutella

Well, I finally tried it.  And yes....it is the bees knees.  It is so stinking yummy that I think I might have to throw it away so I don't sit in my chair and watch the Biggest Loser while I'm eating it with a spoon right out of the jar.

So, after a month of trying lose some l.b.s, I got rid of this attitude.

weight loss

And figured out that if it was going to come off this is how it was going to happen.

weight loss 101

Well, my goal for September was 8 pounds.  Unfortunately...I didn't figure out until half way through September that it didn't matter how much I worked out if I came home and ate 10 cookies and 3 pieces of pizza. (Maybe a hair of exaggeration...but not much)  So I cut out the cookies, well, mostly.  And started eating grilled instead of "breaded". Since today is the last day of the month, I weighed this morning, and I have lost 5 pounds.  I feel better since I started exercising and eating better and making sure I take my Juice Plus every.single.day.

So now you know how much I love Nutella and how much I weigh.  Let's get to some 5 question Friday!


1. Do you apologize to your kids if you're wrong?

Yes.  I think it is important to know that Mommy messes up too.  I think it is important for my kids to know that I'm a sinner and have made the same mistakes they are making or will make and that because I have been there and done these things that I can help guide them in the way to go to avoid the same sins.



2. Do you have a class ring, letterman's jacket, or similar obscenely priced high school "must have"?

As a matter of fact, I have a class ring, a letterman's jacket, AND a softball championship ring.  I know my parents wanted to kill me for wanting all of that stuff.  I have never worn either ring or my letterman's jacket. Ever.  What a waste!  The things we think we NEED when we are kids.



3. If you could be one age for the rest of your life, what age would you choose?

This is hard for me, because selfishly I would like to be 22.  It was the.best.age.  I was old enough to go to bars without having to hide in the corner or use a fake ID.  I was making my own money and had new clothes and shoes and a new car and was living a life full of stuff and partying. I only had to worry about myself and my boyfriend (my now husband).  It was a ton of fun.

The not selfish part of me would like to 30.  I love being 30.  I can't imagine my life without my kids and my husband. I love having them to worry about.  I love being a wife and a mom.  I love being able to sit on the back patio of the house we own and enjoy the night instead of frequenting smoky bars and having hangovers.  I love growing in my relationship with Christ. 

I had a blast at 22, but something about Christ and kids just makes your life meaningful.  So I'm going to cheat and give you 2 ages. 



4. What is your favorite (unused) baby name?

Well, now I'm not going to tell you that.  I might want to use it for my next baby...if there is one.  And then that would totally spoil it!


5. If you could make your child like something what would it be?

I'm going to break this into categories because I can.

Food - Squash
Music - anything besides kid music 
Time of Day - Mornings
Activity - Softball
Color - Purple
Movie - Aladdin or Lion King

So now off to enjoy my weekend!  And here's hoping you do too!








No comments:

Post a Comment