Friday, June 3, 2011

5 Question Friday!

How is it that a dog can take up so much space in a bed.  I never let my kids sleep in the bed with us.  Literally.  O has slept with us once and B hasn't made it throught the night in our bed in the whole year of her existence.  Stella

on the other hand...20 pound dog turn 2 ton dog when she goes to sleep. You simply can't push her over.  She is ALWAYS on my side when I go to get in the bed.  Then she moves over and pushes the hubs off of the bed.  If only I could somehow try to teach her to sleep with O...we'd be okay.

On a completely differnt note, my dear childhood friend is getting married tomorrow.  So on to the festivities we go!  I'm so excited about tonight and tomorrow.  I know she is going to be beautiful.  Get ready for some super photos of a lovely bride and what I'm sure will be one of the greatest receptions.  I've already seen pictures of the setup.  FAB!

And so now that you've listened to my ramblings.  You get to read more ramblings with 5 QF:

1. If you had to choose, how would you prefer to choose to spend money...on landscaping or a pool?

HELLO...a pool.  BUT...I would only get it if I could get a fence around it.  I have 2 bitty kids and pools are really dangerous for itty bitties.  Not to mention I don't watch my kids close enough.  I mean, today I walked into the den to a turned over glass of water (whew! at least it was just water) and into my room to every.single.thing. on my bedside table strewn on the floor.  I would be watching them like a hawk if I had a swimming pool.

2. (Scott likes to get things stirred up...) Death penalty, yay or nay?

I say yay.  I also say speed it up already.  I mean, I understand their are a few (I mean a very few) people on death row that are innocent.  But for heaven's sake, my tax dollars are paying for a murderer to live.  End it already.  Maybe that is heartless, but it's my opinion...and I don't judge you for all of your crazy thoughts. (Maybe I do, but not out loud.)

3. What's the worst thing your kid has gotten into when you turned your back/blogged/showered/blinked?

I guess the worst thing my kids (ahem, B) has gotten into is Miracle Grow potting soil.  Please don't judge me until you've had 1 year old and a 2 year old who are into everything and need constant attention and whine and never wanting to do the same thing while trying to cook dinner and clean the spilled water and try to figure out which bathtub the stinker turned on....and on and on and on.  She's eaten at least 5 (I'm trying to make it sound good here) handfuls of it and hasn't gotten sick.  I guess if we give her a little water it'll just feed her for 6 months and make her grow.

4. How often do you REALLY go to the dentist?

I REALLY go to the dentist every 6 months.  REASON:  I had a terribly mean dentist in my hometown that was filling in a chip in one of my teeth (won't mention names here, but if you want to know who to avoid...ask and I will tell).  Well, he didn't give me enough Novacaine (it takes a lot - ask everyone on the 2nd floor of Baptist Women's Hospital) and I could feel him sanding away at my tooth. PAINFUL! I started crying and he threw the thing he was holding down and said in a very mean and aggravated tone, " Well we're done." You couldn't have paid me enough money to go back to that dentist.

Long story just to tell you that I didn't want to go back to him, and since I was going to college I didn't want to find a dentist until I went to college.  And....I was in college.  Translated:  I didn't go to the dentist.

When I started working my soon to be hubs told me I really really neede to go get my teeth cleaned.  So I did.  The dental hygenist spent 2 and a half hours getting the crud off of my teeth.  Ever since then I've been every 6 months.  'Cuz let me tell you.  It is no fun sitting in a chair with your mouth open for 2 and half hours.

I would also like to tell you that I'm still flossing every night (I skipped 2 weeks b/c of a cut on the corner of my mouth), still using my Oral B mechanical toothbrush, and still using Listerine Whitening every night.  I'm gonna have a stellar checkup in August.

5. What is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be a pet-type animal)?

I'll just be honest.  I don't really like animals.  I like my dog.  I only like my dog.  When she's not taking up the whole bed.  I do have a heart, so I feel sorry for them when they are being abused, etc.  BUT I don't love animals.  I guess I get it from my mom...who bought dog food for the animal shelter *gasp*.  She bought the "wrong thing" (I use it loosely b/c it was canned dog food and I think they were askin for bags of dog food...so it worked), but the woman who dislikes animals more than anyone I've ever met bought dog food.

Okay, so now I'm going to get this half work day behind me and head on to join the wedding festivities.  Have a super weekend!







1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a pool too, but it scares me. I would have to go with landscaping. Your pup is too cute!
    Stopping by from 5?Friday

    ReplyDelete