Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Got the Call. You Know the One.

I got the call yesterday morning.

Unfortunately it wasn't the one telling me I won the lottery or got the job making $2 million a year doing absolutely nothing.

It was the one saying your child got bitten.  We just wanted to let you know so you wouldn't worry if there are marks on her arm when you pick her up this afternoon.

I think I actually laughed when she said it.  I said, wait, did she bite another kid or did she get bitten.  The girl then repeated herself and probably wondered why I wasn't more upset.  I really just said, "Whew! At least she didn't bite someone."

I mean, really.  Look at this face.


 Does she look like she would bite someone?

No? Well let me just clear it up for you.  She absolutely will.

But that's what the lady said when I asked her if Beckett was the one doing the biting.  As a matter of fact a little part of me thought, "Ha ha...serves her right for all that biting her Sissy and me and daddy all weekend."  The mom in me thought, "Aww poor baby Serves her right for all that biting she did all weekend." AND "I hope that kid catches B's cold for hurting my baby."

What do you do when your kids bite?  What would you do if you got the call from daycare that your kid was the one bitten? Or the one biting?  I'm pretty sure I'm the atypical mom.  I am absolutely the mom that no one wants to be like.  I absolutely LOVE my kids and I really do take good care of them.  I'm just not going to make a huge fuss over something that is out of my control.

Oh, and by the way...I've decided that since I already had my kids names all over my blog that using B and O is just ridiculous.  That is...unless I just feel like it.  But if you take the pictures of my kids or take my kids...In the words of Liam Neesam on "Taken"

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money [see above]. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career [maybe not so long]. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."




No comments:

Post a Comment