I know you have been sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for me to tell you what else I learned at VBS last week. So I'll tell you. But first I want to tell you about my little princess. O wanted to dress up in her princess dress Saturday. As soon as she put it on she turned to her daddy and held out her arms. Even as many times as he's seen "The Princess and the Frog" and "Beauty and the Beast" he had no idea what she was doing. After I told him....
We had supper club Saturday night. These babies were tired after a full night of playing with new friends.
Sunday morning we had our VBS program. Success! O went to big church with her daddy. He said she clapped and got excited when we were singing songs but kind of zoned out during skits. Then Bro. Chad preached a short sermon. When O heard him say God she said, "He's talking about God." Then she heard him say Jesus to which she said, "Jesus died on the cross." Smart kid! Proud Mama!
Okay, so what did I learn this week. Well, of course in addition to learning that God made me, He listens to me, and He watches me, I learned that He loves me and he overcomes my sin and that He gives good gifts. (These ARE the important things) But that's not all.
I learned that kids aren't as bad as I thought. I don't like kids. I mean, I like my own. But you know how you can like your own dog, but you don't like other peoples' dogs? Well, I like my own kids, but not other peoples' kids (or dogs for that matter). But as the week progressed I started to dislike kids less and less. Maybe by the time my girls start wanting to have playdates I'll be a kid liking pro!
I learned that O is supposed to have chocolate. Or at least that's what she said. Apparently the doctor told her that.
I learned that I absolutely couldn't be a teacher because parents are so disrespectful. Let's just say...kid needed to go potty. I said wait. Kid told mom. Mom angrily approached me. I nicely said...I know and we were about to go....really.
I learned that even after 10 years of being with the hubs I still get anxious with the possiblity of meeting his ex. Ex-wife, that is. Her child was in my VBS group (what are the odds?). I'm like a magnet for her family, but have still never met her.
I learned that when you leave the house at 8 and don't get home until 7 with the hubs cooking and getting kids ready for bed that diapers, dishes, dirt, and clothes WILL pile up.
I'm sure I learned some other things that I just can't remember. I stayed up until midnight every night last week just to get it all done...and I didn't get to blog much. Maybe this week I'll get it all done earlier so I can remember to write stuff down.
No comments:
Post a Comment