What a long week it has been! VBS in the mornings. Work in the afternoons. Being wife and mom at night. Being maid after that...and finally sleeping for a few minutes.
This week has made me a little anxious. More on that later.
And in case you weren't aware...I'm very sad that All My Children and One Life to Live are going off the air. I was watching OLTL while I was changing clothes and grabbing a quick bite only for a breaking news report (WHY does stuff always have to happen during my soaps...can't they wait until 2 CDT to have a press conference?). I don't know that Weiner resigning was worth missing my soap. But the hecklers might have been. If you missed it you can read about it and watch the video here.
I've been driving the hubs' Jeep all week because the carseats are in my car, and he has been taking the girls to and from daycare. Well, since I've been working late this week...I just happened to be leaving work last night right as this terrible storm came a brewing (that's right...I really talk that Southern). A Jeep (Wrangler) is not only the most unsafe vehicle of all time, but ours is the most unsafe vehicle of the unsafe vehicles. Something causes it to get off balance and at any given moment the thing will shake so hard it will shake you off the road. I can only imagine what people on the road think of when they see the Jeep going crazy. I guess on the bright side it might shake all of the blubber off of my arms. Anyway, I was just trying to make it home before the storm hit with the Jeep shaking me all over the road and the wind blowing 257 miles per hour. But never fear...I made it...barely.
So tomorrow is the last day of VBS...stay tuned for more on what I've learned this week. I have a feeling it could be interesting. Now on to 5 QF!
1. What is your favorite summer time activity?
Oh how I long to lay out in the pool on a float once again sans kids. It is my most favorite past time. I used to spend hours upon hours just lying on a raft with my eyes close floating in the water. It was so peaceful. Now I have to chase kiddos around and try to force them to get in the water. UGH!
2. Do you have one laundry soap you stick to, or do you buy whatever's on sale?
TIDE all the way baby! I used to use Gain or Purex or just whatever. But I just really like the way TIDE smells. Plus, I have to use HE and it is the only one I can be 100% certain that it is for the HE machines.
3. What is your favorite dinner to make in the summer?
I can absolutely pinpoint this one. I LOVE to make homeade pizza in the summer. 2 reasons: I love to make it with fresh veggies from the garden. YUM-MY! AND - My dough won't rise in the winter. Ha ha! Apparently I keep our house too cold.
4. Do you have any talents?
If by talent you mean taking care of kids, driving, changing the radio, answering the phone, putting on makeup, and so on and so forth all at the same time...why yes, yes I do have a talent.
I guess you could say I'm a multitasking fool!
5. If you could instantly be an expert in something, what would it be? Why?
Well, I can tell you what it wouldn't be...I wouldn't be a food expert. I don't want to know what is in my food. I heard this week that Sunny D is made with kelp (or seaweed for the lay person).
I always knew there was some reason why I never like Sunny D.
I would totally be an expert traveler. I would go everywhere. Of course I would be independently wealthy!
Everyone have a great weekend! Enjoy every minute.



Doubt i will post today because I am barely keeping my head above water!
ReplyDeleteI got caught in the storm last night. It was terrifying. My van is pretty big and I thought I might get blown off the road. I was only about a mile from home or i would have pulled over to wait it out. It wasn't as scary as the time C and I were almost home and we saw a funnel cloud when the lighting lit up the sky! Not to mention we almost got hit by the giant traffic light that got ripped off and went tumbling down the road.
If I could be an expert in anything, it would be economics or carpentry. I kid you not. I know a LOT about politics already or I would have picked that. I'm not an expert, but I know enough that I can hold my own.