Could summer have come any earlier this year? Who called in the 100 degree weather the first week of June? I definitely could have used a few extra days in the 80's. Yeah, I definitely could have used a little spring.
So, my dear old friend jumped the broom this past weekend. I was lucky enough to be a participant in the ceremony. I have known this sweet girl
Since, well, she was born I guess...I mean, I was only 6 months old.
She and her sweet husband are now honeymooning it up in Jamaica Mon!
We had a sweat fun filled weekend for sure.
The rehearsal was hot. The wedding was in a church built in the 1800's and the air conditioner has to be at least that old. There was just no way it could keep up with the heat.
The rehearsal dinner was great. Laid back. Fried catfish, hushpuppies, slaw (ick, but it was homeade, so I'm sure slaw lovers were lovin' it), and some rockin' desserts. I wish I had gotten some photos of the food, but I was very busy catching up with my BFF who was also in the wedding party. I did however get a super photo of the mother of the bride.
Don't you just LOVE that hat?
The wedding ceremony was beautiful. It was hot. I mean, like really HOT. Like you probably could have cooked something on my car hot. The AC in the church was still just a gettin' it, but it was hotter in there than it was outside. We had sweat running down our faces, our backs, our legs....
But the exchanging of the nuptials was no less beautiful.
Here is Paulette presiding over the wedding reception festivites.
The reception was so much fun and the cakes were some of the best I've ever tasted. That is saying a lot. I eat cake at EVERY.SINGLE.WEDDING. I'm a very tough critic, too. The cake has to be moist, but not too moist and have perfect flavor. This cake was perfect.
It was a night of laughter and happy tears.
Best Wishes to Sweet RD and Matt! I love y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment