Monday, June 6, 2011

You Crazy People, Oh Wait...I'm One Of 'Em

For 2 and half years I thought it was so stupid that people got upset when they dropped their kids off at daycare.  I mean, it's really not that hard.  But then it happened.  I guess I should give you our "daycare" background before I give you the punchline.

Here's a synopsis:

O born

No dice on daycares

Went to in home daycare

Moved

Went to another in home daycare

B born

Moved

Went to first in home daycare

"Sitter" (in quotes because she was like a second mother to my kids) hurt knee

Went to another in home daycare and Mother's Day Out (with Mrs. Terri)


So you see, I've dropped my kids off at multiple in home daycares and at Mother's Day Out, which is a school like environment, and have never cried. As a matter of fact, when B was 12 weeks old I welcomed someone else listening to the screaming for a little while (which apparently she didn't do for anyone other tham mommy and daddy).  Did you read that?  NEVER CRIED.  Never even teared up.

The girls started for real daycare today because our "sitter" is going back to school.

I'm not going to lie to you.  I cried as much or more than my girls did.  I cried when we dropped B off in her room.  I cried walking down the hall.  I cried when I dropped O off in her room.  I cried walking down the hall.  I cried walking out the door.  I cried on the way to work.  I cried telling my co-worker/friend about it.  Then I was okay and thought to myself...you're so stupid for crying about dropping your girls off at daycare, ya blubbering idiot!

Here's to your Monday morning being less tearful than mine!


1 comment:

  1. I cried today because Charlotte was sick and couldn't go to VBS. She didn't even cry. But she has been excited about this for weeks. This and her birthday are the highlights of her year.

    And I don't think it is crazy to be upset. We make major major sacrifices so that I can stay home with our kids. But we are both too squishy inside to leave them somewhere. I just don't have the stomach for it. I am not one of those people who thinks daycare is pure evil, I went to a daycare for a while as a kid and I turned out fine :) I just can't do it. I would have some kind of breakdown. So you are better than me. I've never even wanted to send C to MDO. And I admit that is just because I am selfish and want them all to myself for as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete