Thursday, June 16, 2011

What I Learned this VBS Week - So Far

Pandamania!

That is the theme of this week's VBS.  I am a crew leader with 3 others with a group of 17.  In addition to learning that God made me, God listens to me, and God watches me I have learned lots of other things this week.

I learned that it is really hard to be nauseous and lead a VBS crew.

I also learned that it is entirely possible to accidentally take 2 birth control pills in one day...even if the package tells you what day to take it. (which contributed to the nausea)

I learned that it wears you out to lead a VBS crew and work 5-6 hours afterwards and then come home to be mom.
I learned that O is as smart as a whip.  She told me that when she prays at school she closes her eyes and folds her hands.  I asked her what God made...she said grass.  I told her he made her too.  And she got it right every time I asked her after that.  I think between Mama and Ms. Jan, she is learning a lot!

I learned that I'm going to be sadder than I originally thought when All My Children and One Life to Live go off of the air.

I learned that is is much harder to not drop off and pick up my girls from daycare everyday than it is to watch them cry when I drop them off and pick them up everyday.  Their daddy has been taking them and picking them up this week.

After watching the news about all of the college girls that have been abducted and murdered, I learned (or realized) that I am so lucky to still be alive.  These are stories I will probably never tell as to spare my parents.

With 2 more days left of VBS I'm sure there will lots more learned!

1 comment:

  1. Your post makes me tired just reading it! Can't imagine how you help out with VBS and lots of toddler all morning THEN go to work! You're a great momma!

    ReplyDelete