Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Adventures in Cooking

When first got married I was staying at my mom's house over the weekend.  The hubs reluctantly agreed to me cooking a pot of mac and cheese (Velveeta Shells & Cheese, that is).  He wasn't reluctant because he thought I couldn't cook, but because he doesn't really love mac and cheese like I do.

Well, about 15 seconds into my getting started, my mom walks into the kitchen and started in on me about how she can't believe I can't even cook macarroni & cheese right.

And then it all started.

I decided that in order to be a "good" wife I needed to be able to cook. 

Good wife

I mean, I needed to at least have 5 go to things.  And guess what!  I still have those 5 go to things...and not much more.  SO...I am challenging myself to try out some new recipes.  Pinterest is, I'm sure, going to be a great beneficiary in my recipe selections.  I also have lots of cook books (including 2 family cookbooks) that I am going to work out of.

I can totally rock some banana pudding...made from scratch...and I'll share that with you soon.

But hopefully after tonight I'll be able to start sharing some of my good (and not so good) cooking experiences.

I did make this about 2 weeks ago.

All of us loved this! Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole


It was yummy and VERY easy, but my cresent rolls were soggy.  If you can tell me how to make my cresent rolls not sog up...I would totally appreciate it.

Anyway, stay tuned for more cooking adventures and "mis"adventures from my kitchen.


1 comment:

  1. i cook a lot. i like food. and i like not having to deal with 3 crazy kids at restaurants. so, i just had to throw this out there b/c we had it last night. go to pioneer woman and find her shrimp scampi recipe. (if y'all like seafood.) it's the bomb diggity, and it's super duper easy. my kids devoured it. my husband devoured it, and he even gave it an "awesome" tag. you can thank me later.

    ReplyDelete