Friday, October 28, 2011

The Beach

I know.  I have been completely MIA over the past few days.  Thanks to the hubs for taking the girls and me to the beach.  I was planning on working on a few blog posts while I was gone, but you what they say about good intentions.  PS - it's a lot of work taking an 18 month old and a 2 year old to the beach.

We left Thursday after work and drove to Mobile where we stopped to spend the night at 2 AM.  I thought the girls would sleep. My sleeper, Beckett, slept for a while.  Little O didn't fall asleep until probably 11 or 12 am.  When we got up to the room the girls were wired and wanted to watch Barney.  I still don't know how they know who Barney is since we don't watch that show at home.  But I let them wind down to Barney. 

We got up the next morning and ate breakfast.  The Hampton has a pretty decent breakfast.  The girls LOVE yogurt and cereal and muffins, and I seriously have never seen my kids eat so much for breakfast.

We drove the last 2 hours and made it to Destin in time for lunch.  We checked in early and headed out to the beach.  The girls took a late nap and when they woke up...at like 6:30 pm...we met our dear friends at the Red Bar.  Yep, that's right.  We are those parents that took our kids to a bar, and it was fun...and the food was FIIIIIIINE!  If you want the best crab cake and blackened grouper you've ever put in your mouth...the Red Bar is the place to go (I'm happy to give a place with food this good free advertisement!)


the girls at the bar


Jack, O and me!


Not sure how I ended up in all the photos with the kids


The drunk girl who thought it would be a good idea to dance with my 18 month old.

MH rocks!  We love the Carrs!


The Red BAR has coloring books for the kids.  We obviously aren't the only parents to take our kids to the bar....

The only photo I had with Matthew


We LOVE to go to meet up with the Carrs when we are in Destin. They are so much fun and we just plain enjoy their company.  I only wish we got to see them more than once a year!

  More on the beach tomorrow.  I'm so behind I'll have to post on Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment