Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cotton Needs a Pickin' So Bad

There are few things I love more than riding through the Mississippi Delta and smelling the defoliant on the cotton.  I can remember driving into town after living in Charelston, SC for the summer and rolling my windows down to smell that smell.

I had photos taken of my girls Saturday morning.
(I can't wait for a sneak peak!)

And after we took photos with Miki McCurdy, my grandmother and I took the girls out to the farm to take some pictures in the cotton.  It wound up being much more fun to just pick cotton than take pictures.  O was so proud of filling her bag up.


This is how the McIlwains pick cotton.  Dresses, boots, and crowns.



They had so much fun picking cotton and I wanted to cut some cotton bolls for a DIY project I'm planning, so we went back to the farm and picked more cotton Saturday afternoon.





Well, I guess you can say we picked cotton!




No comments:

Post a Comment