Friday, October 14, 2011

I'm Stepping On My Soapbox....and Then We'll Get to the Important Stuff

Okay, so I'll be quite honest. I don't know exactly what the Occupy Wallstreet people are protesting (something about jobs and money etc. etc.) and I really don't know what good it will do, but I have a few things to say about it.

Look, I absolutely think it is ridiculous how much top executives make in the United States. I also think that if our corporations would quit raising prices to increase profits because they have to pay Mr. CEO a gazillion dollars, then everyone would be able to afford their stuff which would increase demand which would increase the need for more employees which would benefit the crazies spending the night occupying Wall Street. I mean, who really wants to spend the night camping in a park in New York. You could totally wake up with a rat on your face.

But here's the thing. You've got Ben & Jerry's (who just sold out to Unilever for multi-millions of dollars) and Kanye West and Alec Baldwin and other rich people coming out in support of these folks. Let me tell you something. These people have jobs making at least hundreds of thousands of dollars a year if not hundreds of millions. Why don't they put some of that money to good use. I'm not saying give it away. I'm not a huge proponent of handouts. I say make 'em work for it. I'm saying...start a business and employee these people. If these rich flunkies who want attention think they can do it better than Wall Street (which I totally think I can, but I don't have the financial means to do it), then go for it buddy. Put your money where your mouth is.

And now I'll step down off of my soap box and give you your 5 question Friday...

1. Do you prefer your ice cream in a bowl or in a cone?


Cone...Waffle Cone to be exact.

Oh yum I love ice cream.
Boo on a weight loss mission!



2. What three things do you love the smell of?

1.  Defoliant on Cotton
2. Chocolate Chip Cookies fresh out of the oven
3.  Babies just out of the bathtub


3. Giftcards or no? (In regards to gift giving...)

Sure, I'll take 'em.  If they are to a place I LOVE that is.  It is so much easier for me to pick out my gifts.  People never know what to get me and I'm so stinking particular.  I mean, don't get me wrong...I'm appreciative of all gifts.  But I do love to get something I've had my eye on for a while or for someone who doesn't know exactly how to shop for girls to give me a gift card.
(I'm totally not calling out my dad - but he is a GREAT gift card giver!)

4. What sports did you play in high school if any and do you still play them?

Well, I played soccer in 9th grade (which was high school at our school) and I was a cheerleader.

But the sport I LOVED the most was softball.

I had such a whirlwind of emotions the night we played our last game.  I was so excited because we had just won the state championship.  I was so SAD that it was going to be my last game to play.


5. Were you in band in high school? What instrument did you play?

I was so not in band in high schoo.  I'm musical instrument challenged.  Not to mention, when I was in high school, our band consisted of about 10 people.  I think band went away at some point after I graduated, but my mom said they the program has returned and is growing.  (I may have dreamed that she said that, but I think it would be really cool if it is true - I think giving kids the opportunity to learn how to play a band insturment is important, and although it may not be appreciated in high school...it will be appreciated later on in life).
We've got big fun weekend plans! I hope you do to!

Happy Friday!





1 comment: