Friday, October 7, 2011

Yes, I Threw a Pity Party

Since this is my blog I can write what I want.  So today I'm throwing myself a little pity party.

So last night I hosted a CAbi party at my house.

I heart CAbi clothes.  They are well made.  They are super cute.  They are versatile.

Anyway, I sent out more than 40 invititations to my "home" party.  There were about 14 people who responded that they weren't coming (thank you).  I had 3 people respond that they were coming. And a whole heckuva lot of no resonses.  Not only did I send more than 40 email invites (with a save the date AND a reminder), I sent 25 of those people invitiations in the mail.  I had a whopping ONE person show up. I was so embarrassed.  My feelings were completely hurt.  I held back tears for 2 hours.  2 solid hours.

When my rep left I walked straight back to my room and burst into tears.  I couldn't stop crying.  I think I cried for 2 hours.  Sipping wine almost the entire time.

The hubs, bless his sweet little heart, was trying so hard to make me feel better, but let's be honest.  He didn't do this to me and there is nothing he could say that would ease the hurt.

My reaction was, "I'm never going to anyone else's stuff again and I'm never doing anything for anyone else again." 

Those were yesterdays feelings

 Then this morning, I realized that is the absolute wrong attitude to have.  As a matter of fact, I will go to peoples' parties and I will help them with things because I know how it feels to be let down.  I don't want anyone to feel like that.

get over yourself

Little things

I don't want you to feel sorry for me.  I did enough of that last for myself last night.  I'm over it.  I just want you to remember how important it is to, at a very minimum, regret parties so people don't go out and buy lots of food, wine, etc.

So now that I'm done throwing my pity party. Here ya go with 5 Question Friday.


1. What is your go to comfort food or sweet?


O-R-E-O

I heart oreos.  And ice cream.  And wine.  Yeah, wine...and ice cream.

Oh, and chicken strips and french fries, of course.


2. What is the most romantic place you've ever been to?

St. Thomas was pretty stinking romantic.

But once, the hubs took me to his Uncle Terry's cabin.  We fished and just hung out outside.  It was GREAT.  It was absolutely my idea of romantic. 

3. What is your favorite thing about fall/Halloween?

I LOVE the colors of fall.  The colors of the leaves on the trees.  The reds, yellows, oranges, and browns.
I also, love the candy.  Shocker, I know.


4. How would you spend 24 hours alone?

SLEEP!  And Shopping. I would totally sleep for about 15 hours.  Then I would shop for about 4 hours and then I would sleep for about another 5 horus.  Yep.  That's what I would do.


5. Does you husband bring you flowers? Are you the bring-me-flowers type of girl?

I totally don't get the whole flower thing.  I mean, yeah they are great center pieces. They are great if you want to buy some to make your house look good, but as a gift?  Go buy me what I've been telling you I want for the past 3 months. Or better yet, give me the money and let me go buy it.  Or maybe just a full day of sleep.

Flowers are so stinking expensive...then they die.  They die!?!?  I mean, at least if you get something you want you can enjoy it for more than 5 days. 

The hubs knows how I feel about this...so I may have gotten flowers 3 or 4 times in 10 years. 




 
 
Be sure and check out Lee, Me, and the Girls tomorrow.  I'll be guest posting!  My first guest post and I'm so stinking excited!




2 comments:

  1. Now I feel bad I didn't reply :(
    I am not buying (nice)clothes until I am done nursing. This will make me think twice and remember to ALWAYS REPLY. I had the same thing happen to me once, I think we have all been there- and it is always a crappy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your party! :-( I gave a baby shower for my best friend once, by myself, and went all out...and then only she, her mom, and one other friend showed up(when I think I was shooting for 12-15). I ended up calling my mom and making her come just for another warm body! It's so disappointing. Especially when you're hoping to get some free hostess gifts out of the deal :-(

    ReplyDelete