Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#14 - Give Myself a Manicure/Pedicure for 6 Weeks

Another one down. I'm conquering 30 by 30...ONE one week at a time.  At this rate I'll be done by the end of June.  Okay...I'm really not that dedicated to anything (except my family and friends, of course).  Six weeks ago I decided to start giving myself a mani and a pedi once a week.  I thought it would be a great way to pamper myself.  So I went to some store and bought 3 polishes, my grandmother gave me one, and I had 2.  How perfect!  Six mani/pedis, six colors.

I started out with a little soakage.  Then I used these tools.


I LOVE the OPI cuticle oil.  I also used all OPI polish.  If you have a trick that helps keep it on longer than about 2 days or a better polish...please share.

I started with I Want to Be a Lone-Star. 


I did not love it on me.  Blue is SO not my color.

Next I used Melon of Troy. 



I really liked this one.

O decided she was going to get into painting her fingernails too.  She has had her nails painted more in the past 6 weeks than I have.


She is so proud of her polish.  She likes to tell me, "Mommy, I like your fingers."

The next week I used Tutti Fruiti Tonga.


I liked this one too.  It was light and airy...perfect for the weather...then it got cold again.

Which was perfect for this Nomad's Dream.


I didn't love this.


Maybe it would be better in the fall/winter.

My absolute favorite is Bubble Bath.


Picture is kind of blurry, but the color is so fresh and clean.

I ended my 6 weeks of mani/pedi with my fun summertime favorite...

Cajun Shrimp. 


I had a really hard time taking a good picture of my feet.  I did give myself a mani every week too, but it is really hard to take a picture of your hand and keep the camera strap out of the way...when you're in a hurry.

My heels definitely feel better.  I've got to admit that I hated doing this more than I hated flossing.  (I've actually flossed more nights than not since I completed my mission. I may have even become a little obsessed and have bought a high dollar toothbrush to help with my oral hygeine)  I went into this thinking I was pampering myself.  Turns out it was a lot of work that I really didn't care about doing.  Needless to say I probably really won't be giving myself a mani/pedi every week.  Maybe every couple of weeks and no polish on the nails.  I like my nails au naturale!

At least I tried!

5 comments:

  1. edi, i promise the best best money you can spend on yourself, is to get a pedicure every three weeks. that is the one thing i do for myself. also, i do my own manicures; so when i go for my pedi, i splurge and get the girl to polish my finigernails. sometime i bring my own polish which makes the polish job $5.00. i know it is hard with 2 kiddos, but try to find the time. some places are opened on sunday. pedi, massage chair, and peace. what a way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order to keep the polish on longer I use Sally Hanson Top Coat it keeps the polish on almost two weeks and no chipping either. Great for a busy mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nothing important to add except that Cajun Shrimp is my most favorite color ever. Every time I go get a pedi I always say I will try a different color but I never do! Good choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. DK - I could absolutely go for someone else doing my nails. I'm just not interested enough to do them myself.

    Candace - I might actually have some Sally Hanson top coat. I was using OPI topcoat. Not impressed.

    Stacey - I LOVE Cajun Shrimp too. You should try Bubble Bath just once. It is whitish, but very clean looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cajun Shrimp = Best Color Ever!!

    ReplyDelete