Calling all moms. My question of the week is difficult. Why you ask? Because I like a clean house. I work outside of the home approx. 36 hours a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. Most of the time right around 36 hours. Here is how my day generally goes:
Wake up at 6:20.
Hit snooze a time or two.
Shower and if I'm lucky...eat breakfast.
Get the girls up.
Get chocolate milk for the girls
Finish getting ready for work
Get the girls ready for "school" or Mrs. Stacey's
Get the girls breakfast
Beg the O to eat her breakfast
Clean breakfast off of B's face, hands, and other body parts (and furniture)
Get diaper bag(s) ready
Load everyone up in the car
Get my coke and water ready for work and round everything else up that I might have forgotten due to the list above
Drop girls off
Go to work
Work, work, work
Eat lunch
Clean something in the house while I'm watchng All My Children (What will I watch in September? - DEVASTATED!)
Work, work, work
Work, work, work
Go pick up the girls between 5 and 5:30 pm
(Insert run to grocery store here once a week - because we are always out of milk)
Play with the girls and Stella when we get home
Cook supper
Eat around 7:15 pm
Beg O to eat
Clean food off of B's face, hands, and other body parts (and furniture)
Give girls baths around 7:45 pm
Brush teeth, brush hair, get jammies on, etc.
Brush teeth, brush hair, get jammies on, etc.
Put girls in the bed about 8 pm
Read bedtime stories, sing, and say prayers
Clean dishes from dinner
Pick up clothes laying around the house
Clean up bathtub toys
Pick up toys laying around the house
Sweep and/or mop and/or vacuum or wash/fold clothes or take out trash
Wash my face and brush, floss, and listerine my teeth (that's right...I'm still doing it nightly!)
Blog/Watch TV or Read
Go to sleep
I'll give you a guess about what time I go to sleep every night. It's not 10 pm. Sometimes I'll write blog posts for several days in one night so I can read or I'll blog while I'm watching TV. This is my wind down. My 15 -30 minutes of me time a night.
I just can't seem to get the hubs or the kids to throw stuff in the garbage can. And for some strange reason the dishes won't load themselves in the dishwasher and the toys won't put themselves in the toybox and the floor won't mop itself and clothes won't wash themselves. Why couldn't I have just been born like this woman?
You know, snap my fingers and stuff puts itself away.
I sweep at least once a day. I mop at least once a week, sometimes once every 2 weeks. The only way I can wait 2 weeks is because nightly I get on my hands and knees with Clorox wipes and clean stuff, generally sticky stuff, off of the floor.
I'm well aware that I need a maid. I'm getting one once a month (I'd like to have her twice a month, but that is too much money for the hubs to part with). Before now, my problem was that the hubs said NO. What he says goes. Why did he say no? He is the most not trusting person I've ever met. Even though we really don't have anything of any worth or really that anyone would want in our house, he thinks everyone is out to get his stuff. Maybe they are are. I don't know. Anyway, I think I might have won that battle, but that still leaves 3-4 weeks out of a month that I'm going to have to do the cleaning.
So I want to ask you at what point do you just throw your hands up and say enough is enough? If you want to come to my house you have to deal with the sticky stuff on the floor. You have to chance it that your kid might eat some grass off the floor. You might have to smell sour milk or dirty diapers dog. You might have to step on or over a toy. You might have to deal with the pile of unnecessary papers sitting on the kitchen counter. Because tonight I just didn't feel like it.
When do you say NO MORE CLEANING EVERY NIGHT?

When do I say it? EVERY NIGHT! Granted, I don't have toddlers who are leaving crumbs and stickiness everywhere, but once I get them in bed, it's me time.
ReplyDeleteAll I do every minute of every day is clean.
ReplyDelete