Monday, April 25, 2011

Birthday, Anniversary, and Easter Oh My!

I'm not sure I could have packed one more thing into my weekend if I had tried.

Thank goodness we drove to Greenwood Friday night.  If we had tried to leave Saturday morning...we never would have gotten there.

B decided to have a little pre birthday celebration (wink wink).


One going on 21!  What parents don't leave their beer sitting on the floor for their toddlers to play with?  Huh, Huh?

We had B's birthday party Saturday morning.


Of course I left the plates, napkins, and plastic spoons at home.  I forgot to pick up drinks when I went to the grocery store.  And I forgot to get ice.  You shouldn't be surprised.  I'm so scattered, that is just par for the course.

B just wanted to grab the candle.



How cute is this kid!


And this face...




This is NOT my prissy child, and so when she got most excited over this smocked dress


Once again I wondered what happened to my kid.

Unky G made an appearance.


And wanted to show us just how much he loves us!



After the birthday party, Unky G decided he wanted to go eat here.


Biscuit treated her favorite child (me) and one of the others (my brother, Unky G) to lunch.  SERVICE WAS TERRIBLE!  AWFUL!  Food was great...as always.  That's the only thing that keeps me going in there, because I seriously can't tell you enough how bad the service was.

The day was full of food.  We went to Webster's annual crawfish bash after we ate lunch.  The hubs, my brother, nor I ate crawrish.  However, I saw lots of people that I haven't seen in months (or years), most of which were having the same conversation with everyone they saw. Just think...song on ipod on repeat.  I think I said the same thing about 50 times. "I live in ___.  I work at ____.  My kids are growing."

It was fun and I really did get to see people I could have a conversation with and not feel like a broken record the whole time.

At some point in the afternoon my brother (Unky G) was surprised to find out that it was the hubs and my anniversary and even more surprised to find out that we weren't going out to dinner.

That's when he offered up to take us here.


OH - how I love Lusco's.  The service was better than lunch.  I'm not going as far as to say it was great, but it was definitely much better than lunch. 

This is what I got.


OH - how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.  I love broiled shrimp from Lusco's. Mmmmm Mmmm!

My dad went with us too and my sweet brother treated.  It was a super fun time. 

Check out my little Easter egg hunters.



B's basket was as big as she is.  It kept weighing her down.

Find an egg


Eat the candy.


Take empty eggs to porch and fight over them with Sissy.

Thankfully I'm a pro at getting out stains, because we got everything we possibly could on these white dresses.

We had a great day of church, food, and family.  The girls were so exhausted when we got in the car to drive home that B immediately fell asleep and O wanted to turn OFF the dvd player because she just wanted to sleep.  Again, I really thought I might have accidentally picked up someone else's kid.
What did you and your family do for Easter this year?


2 comments:

  1. Olivia looks just like andrew in that last pic! WOW! Looks like y'all had a fun weekend! Happy Anniversary, Birthday, Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful girls in beautiful dresses!

    ReplyDelete