WOW! How things can change while we're sleeping. I want to start this post off by saying that Japan, Hawaii, and Bad Dog McCormick's family are in my thoughts and prayers today. I feel very lucky to be here today sharing this 5 QF post with you. This just goes to show that we are never promised tomorrow. I thank God everyday for sending his Son to die on the cross to save me so that if I die unexpectedly one day I'll be going HOME to live with Him.
Now, who's ready to start 5QF? *hand raised high in the air* I am! I am!
1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is?
Now, who's ready to start 5QF? *hand raised high in the air* I am! I am!
1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is?
Why yes, yes I do. You're looking at it! The only color I've ever put on my hair was a box of 14 day color when I was in elementary or jr. high. Sure enough...it was completely gone and I was back to my lucious brunette... Okay, so that may be stretching it, but I did get back to my brown hair.
2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants?
Three letters. C.P.A. That means you spend you life planning. For 6 solid years we have been in a profession where we have to plan our vacations 6 months in advance. Bummer I know. We have now finally found jobs that, although we still do accounting *gag*, but we have a little bit more flexibility. Which is great, so maybe now we can spend a little time doing this at the spur of the moment.
3. What is your favorite meal to cook?
Cook? I though that was one of those 4 letter words. I would definitely say my favorite meal to cook is take out. Take out from any restaurant is fine from me. Just as long as someone else is cooking it. I like take out so much I need one of these.
I went on a cooking tear a few years ago. I loved to cook. Now I have so many other things to do that cooking is one of my least favorite things to do. Raise your hand if you like cleaning up after you cook? You don't see mine raised do you? That's because it's not.
I went on a cooking tear a few years ago. I loved to cook. Now I have so many other things to do that cooking is one of my least favorite things to do. Raise your hand if you like cleaning up after you cook? You don't see mine raised do you? That's because it's not.
4. Do you get offended by not receiving thank yous?
Hmmm. Well, it depends on what I'm getting thanked for. (I know, I know. I ended a sentence in a preposition. Deal with it.) I do get offended when I don't get a thank you note when I've given a wedding present. That's just rude.
I would actually prefer that people didn't send me a thank you note for a birthday present or a Christmas present. I would hope they wouldn't expect me to send them one in return. I really don't like writing thank you notes. You have to remember that I have to write thank you notes for 4 people. That's right. FOUR. You don't really think the hubs is writing his own thank you notes do you?
Speaking of thank you notes...if you gave my kids gifts for birthday or Christmas this year and didn't get a thank you note...it's because I didn't write any. So I'm telling you now...
I would actually prefer that people didn't send me a thank you note for a birthday present or a Christmas present. I would hope they wouldn't expect me to send them one in return. I really don't like writing thank you notes. You have to remember that I have to write thank you notes for 4 people. That's right. FOUR. You don't really think the hubs is writing his own thank you notes do you?
Speaking of thank you notes...if you gave my kids gifts for birthday or Christmas this year and didn't get a thank you note...it's because I didn't write any. So I'm telling you now...
5. How did you meet your best friend?
I have known 2 of my best friends almost my whole life. Literally.
See this pretty chick!
When we were 3 our moms would watch us ride our tricycles down the street and meet in the middle. I have home videos of me bossing her around. Which is so funny, because she would totally boss me around now. I talk to her a few times a month. Not as much as I would like. LOVE THAT GIRL!
And chick #2, but equally as great...
I'm not really sure how long I've known her, but I have pictures of her at one of my birthday parties at the park before my youngest brother was born...so at least 3. We used to ride around and listen to loud music and smoke cigarettes in high school. (PS - I haven't smoked in years.) We lived in Charelston, SC together for a summer during college. We actually shared a room. CRAZY times. I talk to her almost everyday. Like almost as much as I talk to my mom. Best friend? I would say so.
So now enjoy your day. I hope it is as sunny where you are as where I am. This sunshine is certainly LONG overdue!
Check out more 5QF here.





No comments:
Post a Comment