Monday, March 28, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday!

After this super long short rainly weekend I totally need some feel good sunshine.  Yesterday I thought it was going to be safe to come over to this germ incubator, but apparently I was wrong.

This has been my best friend since Thursday.

I got home from work on Thursday with O running fever only to find out I was running 102 degree fever.  GREAT! 

I knew O felt bad because she never sleeps on the couch.  EVER.  I turned on Toy Story and went to do some other motherly duty like put the other tot down for a nap or something like that and came back to find this.


Sound asleep, snoring on the couch.

So I've been running on Dayquil and Nyquil fumes for the past 3 days.  Both girls seemed to be feeling good on Saturday, so in all my aching glory I washed everybody's sheets and lysoled all furniture.  Sunday I cloroxed all toys, counters, bathrooms, etc.

I woke up this morning feel B.A.D!  Like really B-A-D! 

So I sent the girls on with their dad and went over to the doc. Hallelujah for a sinus cocktail.  Doc says I have a sinus infection (apparently a pretty bad one).  I'm now taking an antibiotic, a prescription decongestant, and a nasal spray...on top of the steriod shot I got.  I slept for a couple of hours and I'm feeling a teeny tiny bit better. But enough about me and my illness.

I hope your weekend was better than mine.

I sure wish mother nature would make up her mind.  I need warm weather.  I have a project I want to complete, but it calls for being outside.  And since I'm less than interested in being outside in 40 degree weather, it is indefinitley on hold.

I want you to know this weight loss journey I've embarked upon is not going so well. See...


I've kind of hit a plateau. I was talking to my mom yesterday and said, "Damn, why did I start this weight loss journey.  This sucks."

I don't even eat that much.  I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I really have quit eating cookies. TRUE STORY!  I won't even buy them for the girls in fear that I'll be the one to eat them.  I really need to exercise, but who enjoys exercising?

Okay, I know there are people that say they enjoy exercising, but I think they're freaks.  Or maybe they're just smokin' the good stuff.  Either way, I wish I were...or had it. 

Maybe I'll get out and walk or run. You know...when it looks something like this.



I'm thinking of doing a blog facelift.  If you have any suggestions let me know.  I'm thinking of going with something premade, but I want a button and some fun fonts.  I'll may even go with semi-custom made.  I would love any suggestions.

So what did you this weekend?  Anything you did would have been better than living in the germ incubator for the weekend.  Hopefully next weekend will be better.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you went to the doc...I have NO idea how you managed to get through that many days of feeling awful and trying to keep up with two busy babies! My weekend was relaxing (sorry! not trying to rub it in!) and COLD...Tyler had his first soccer game yesterday and it was BRUTAL. Of the 5 kids on his team who showed up, Tyler was the only one who actually wanted to play...all the others screamed and cried and begged their moms to take them home. It was a rather frustrating and COLD 45 mins! We also went new car shopping for many hours, only to decide we really can't afford it right now. Ah well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon, Edi! And as for the blog makeover, I swear it's what really got mine up and running. And I HIGHLY rec. Kenzie...the girl I talked about a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete