Sorry for no diet update this week. It was less than impressive. I've gained 1 pound. How do people do it? We ran out of cookies, so that hasn't been my problem this week. Not wanting to cook has totally been my problem. It doesn't help when we have company that wants to go eat at Pete & Sam's. It sure was yummy though! Thanks Poppy!
Biscuit and Poppy ended up spending two nights because of the story I'm going to tell you in just a hot second. We ate Newk's the second night. Healthy? Maybe. But you can't eat your weight in food and lose weight. Oh well, maybe this week. I do have a 15 pound weight loss goal you know?
On to the start of my weekend...you remember how I told you how we had a less than stellar week. What, with the coughing and teething and bickering and such. Well, I made a mistake. Friday morning I got to work and told my co-worker and friend, Heidi, that I didn't think this week could get any worse.
THEN IT HAPPENED.
That's right people. I tripped over my laptop computer cord. As I was falling I thought I had caught myself. But wait, no. I kept falling. And then I thought I was catching myself. Then I was on the floor. Dying out laughing. Because it was so darn funny.
THEN IT HAPPENED.
That's right people. I tripped over my laptop computer cord. As I was falling I thought I had caught myself. But wait, no. I kept falling. And then I thought I was catching myself. Then I was on the floor. Dying out laughing. Because it was so darn funny.
I went to wrap up some audit work at a client and was walking just fine and dandy...IN HIGH HEELS! After lunch I was back in the office and my foot started hurting. And it wasn't just hurting. It was throbbing. And it got worse...and WORSE! And I could only laugh, because if I didn't laugh...I'd cry. When it was quittin' timeI crawled down the hall on my hands and knees pushing my shoes, purse, etc. to the front door.
I couldn't even put my foot on the floor board of the car because it hurt so bad. I picked the girls up...only thanks to Stacey for bringing them to the car...and we finally got home. I was in SO much pain and Andrew left the house to go get Epsom salt. I was SO mad. ALL I WANTED WAS ICE AND OXYCODONE!
Sweet Olivia kept kissing my foot. I wanted to scream STOP IT KID! Okay, I know that is so super mean because she was being so sweet, but it H.U.R.T.
Biscuit and Poppy walked into the house and cleaned the girls up and I laid on the couch and cried.
No, sobbed.
No, squawled.
Andrew got back (he wasn't gone that long, but it felt like an eternity) and made me up an Epsom salt foot bath. 20 minutes later I could walk. SO.WEIRD.
Sweet Olivia kept kissing my foot. I wanted to scream STOP IT KID! Okay, I know that is so super mean because she was being so sweet, but it H.U.R.T.
Biscuit and Poppy walked into the house and cleaned the girls up and I laid on the couch and cried.
No, sobbed.
No, squawled.
Andrew got back (he wasn't gone that long, but it felt like an eternity) and made me up an Epsom salt foot bath. 20 minutes later I could walk. SO.WEIRD.
To make myself feel better after such a terrible week I bought patio furniture.
I've been wanting patio furniture for 5 years, and I think this clutz totally deserved it!
Falling over the computer cord is not an unusual thing for me. I am a total clutz. When I was in 9th grade (?) I was running around the track during PE. The sun was in my eyes and I fell over a metal bench sitting in the middle of the track. Apparently everyone else saw it and ran around it.
AND...when I was in junior high school we were shooting layups in my best friend's back yard. Yes, I ran straight into the basketball pole. I can remember my two best friends running around yelling, "Call the ambulance. Call the Ambulance!"
It is just in my blood.
So what is your funny clutzy moment? Apparently I don't have enough!
Thanks so much for dropping by the Be-Bop-A Blog Hop! I'm a follower and I hope you'll stop by again soon! Have a great day! :)
ReplyDeleteOh Edi... I am catching up on your blog posts that I have missed and this is hands down my favorite. Not because you hurt your foots of course... but because you allowed me to take a "trip" down memory lane. I can still see you running into the bench and the basketball pole like it was yesterday. ha. My mom tells the story of us yelling- "call an ambulance" all the time! ha. I love you Edi Bug.
ReplyDelete