Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dear O,

It's been a little more than 2 years.  What can I say?  I'll start with the beginning. 



You were such a terrible sleeper for the first 6 weeks.  You slept all day and screamed all night.  But something clicked one day around 6 weeks old and have slept all night long most nights, and have ever since.   You were so tiny, and I was so scared.  (With good reason, since I almost dropped you in the toilet trying to give you a sponge bath when you were 8 days old. - stinking umbilical cord)

For heaven's sake...I could count on one hand how many times I had held a baby in my life. I'm sure I did a zillion things wrong.  I can say that you're still here and are clean and fed.
You grew up so fast.  The first year went by before we knew it. 



You were crawling, then standing, then talking, then walking.  It has been nothing short of amazing seeing all of the things you learn from day to day. 

You have always been so kind hearted and loving.  You have always loved giving hugs and kisses and being held.  When your sister came home from the hospital, you loved on her every second we would let you.  You have such a big heart.  You rarely got jealous of her getting attention.



I worry about you.  I worry that you are too sweet and are going to let people trample all over you for the rest of your life.  Then I see you sweetly call your sissy over plotting the whole time to push her down and I think to myself, "She's gonna be okay."

You inherited a trait from your great grandmother and me.  You love shoes.  It never goes away.  You also love to watch movies and play outside on the swing and in your Jeep.  You love to ride in Daddy's Jeep.  I guess it's because you can see out the window better.  Or maybe it's because your Daddy's little girl.  You love to tell me what your name is.  It went from Yiya to Yivia.  You've started opening and closing slamming doors.  You're sassy and sweet.


I'm doing everything in my power to enjoy every moment with you, because even though you are only 2, I know that it will only be a few short years before you leave for college.  I love you more than words can express. 

Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment