Monday, March 7, 2011

Come On Over!

If only we were neighbors, I would invite you over for coffee and assure you that I so cleaned out the coffee pot.  Like scrubbed the coffee pot. So really, it's okay to drink coffee from my house now.  I would also tell you that my weekend flew by.

I would tell you that my 2 year old went from a sweet little angel to a sassy little stinker over night.  I tell you that if it gets worse, I may not make it through being 3 years old.  You tell me that it will definitely be okay...one day.  That I will totally make it through it.

And then you reassure me again.

And because you see the doubt in my eyes and the crooked smile on my face, you reassure me yet again. 

I can't tell you how ready I am for spring weather to get here to stay.  I want to go sit outside and read and/or watch the girls play.  All of this rain and crazy temperature changes are driving me crazy.  Not to mention my girls stand at the door banging on it because they want to go outside.  I'm so ready for it to look like this.


I'll also tell you that I had another successful week in my weight loss challenge. I lost 2.4 more pounds.



 I'm on a roll.  At this rate I'll be looking good for our tropical vacation.

You would congratulate me and encourage me to keep on keeping on.  Then you would tell me of your current and past weight loss journeys.  We decide we need to start taking an afternoon walk to get in a little exercise.  I saw yee haw to that sista!

I would then very non subtly throw in a shameless plug for Team Charlie Rogan who is raising money for March of Dimes. 


 
Donations have gotten off to a slow start.  It is such a great cause.  People are so eager to give money for cancer charities, but forget about the March of Dimes because it doesn't directly effect them they way cancer does. You can read all about the March of Dimes here.  I will tell you how eager I am for your donation to come in.  You can donate or sign up to walk here.  I also remind you to turn in your T-shirt order by April 1 by emailing stephaniebrittgillespie@gmail.com.  You can see the T-shirt design here

You tell me what a great cause it is because someone in your family had a premie and the March of Dimes jumped right in to help.  I would tell you that I am so excited about this fundraiser that for every $10 you donate, I'll match 10% or $1 for every $10.  Just leave a comment on my original post that you donated and I'll get Stephanie to tell me how much (or you can leave a comment how much you donated).

Then after I get all of that out of my system I'll tell you that Biscuit is coming back this weekend and if you want to have a grown up night, game on!  We'll hug and you'll invite me to your house tomorrow.  And I'll graciously accept.


If you want to see what other blogging folks are talking to their neighbors about you can check them out here.

  

5 comments:

  1. Yay for more weight loss! I am so proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! And way to go on the diet! Sadly, if we were neighbors, I'd never get to have coffee with you on a Monday morning because I'd be at work. :-( Work really gets in the way of life sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh age 3!!! 4 is so much better. Not perfect, but so much better than 3. Just smile and keep going. It will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I am your newest follower....Please stop by and say hi and follow me too :)
    Thanks and have a great day!
    Maureen
    Areyouamom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we were really neighbors we would meet at your house all the time cause your coffee pot is clean!

    New follower.

    Simple Wyrdings

    ReplyDelete