Thursday, March 31, 2011

5 Thanks - March

After a month of doom and gloom...you know, Japan is devastated, Libya is in turmoil, and, well, you know what it's been like around my house. I want to reflect on the good things God has blessed us with. (Gosh, I hate ending a sentence with a preposition.)

Number 1


I am so thankful for a roof over my head.  There are so many people in Japan that are misplaced from the earthquakes and tsunami that I thank God for a roof over my head. 

It could be a little bigger...oh, wait...we're not complaining...we are thankful.

Number 2

Magic Trees

When the hubs and I were at Disney World in November, wait, let me back up.  For some strange reason the hubs picks up acorns every where we go.  I think its weird.  To him it's just normal, like a hobby or something.  Anyway, he picked up some live oak acorns when we were in Disney World.  Right now they look like this.


But one day, in the very distant future - like longer than I'll ever live - they'll look like this.

I think this might actaully be the tree where he got the acorn.  O is facsinated by the "magic trees".  I am thankful for such a cool story to share and the hubs who does weird things like pick up magic acorns.


Number 3

Good Music


You can check out some of my most favorite sunny day songs here, here, here, here (the best!), and here (the rest!).

You can check out some of my insirational songs here, here, here, here.

And some random songs I love here and here.

And it my list just wouldn't be complete without a little Robert Keen, Robert Keen...seen here.

Number 4

I know I've told you, but it's worth saying again.  I got patio furniture.


I've seriously been waiting to buy patio furniture for 5 years. 5 YEARS I've been living in this house with an empty patio. I finally got the go ahead from the hubs and I took full advantage.  I really think that having kids that LOVE to play outside helped my cause.  Now if only I could get this patio covered with a fan so them skeeter bugs don't eat us up (if you read that with a super country drawl - you read it right).  Maybe I could just get a new house with a covered patio and a swimming pool.  Hey...a girl can dream!

Number 5

Bathtime!


Okay, so maybe it's my favorite time of day, because it is the only time of day I can guarantee that for 5 minutes I'm not going to have whiny screaming kids.  (It is also the only time of day I can guarantee that for approximately 60 seconds O is going to completely freak out and scream bloody murder when I pour water on her head.)  But mostly, it's because it is our singing time and our silly time.



Where we do things like put letters and numbers on our heads.


What are you thankful for this month?

1 comment: